#FARMATTACK: Second Attack On Farm – Thug Shot Dead – Kalkfontein – Groblersdal

12Feb - by M Louw - 0 - In Africa crime Farm Attacks
A 64-year-old woman was attacked for a second time on a farm in Kalkfontein in Groblersdal on Tuesday evening after the thugs apparently received information from the thugs who previously attacked the same woman in 2012.
Kobus Liebenberg, Wilma Liebenberg’s husband, confirmed that the woman was alone in the farmhouse during the attack, as he worked in the town during the week.
According to him, she was asleep at about 23:30 when the fox terrier dogs sleeping with her in the room began to bark hysterically. “They jumped on top of her and growled loudly.”
“She got up and saw that the light in the passage on the first floor was switched on. She took the revolver and shot two shots through the bedroom window. The thugs then turned the light out and went down the stairs. They then started banging on her bedroom door and she fired shots through the door, “Liebenberg said.
According to him, there is a three-meter wall around the house and the thugs dragged their injured mate out of the house and left him there. “It is suspected that there were four thugs
He says that there is no signal on the farm, and you have to walk about 100m to be able to contact somebody. Wilma apparently only left the house the next morning when the farm workers reported for work and she then raised the alarm.
Kobus explained that when the Police Dog Unit arrived at the scene at approximately 12:00 on Wednesday afternoon, they found the thug alive in the veld. He was shot in the chest just below the shoulder.
“I asked him personally what he was looking for on my farm and he told me and the police that he had information about the house and the safe which he gained from the previous perpetrators.”
The thug died later on the farm.
According to Kobus, the man and his wife who attacked his wife in 2012 were never arrested. They allegedly phoned the couple up to six months after the attack and told them that they were coming back to kill them.
“We called the Police on each occasion, at the thugs’ request, and informed the Police but nothing came of it. That attack caused my wife to contract diabetes, and she is still receiving cancer treatment, as she is very sick. The previous thugs wanted to cut her legs off with a chainsaw and also burn her with an iron, but burns her with an iron – but fortunately, the wall plug did not work at that time. She is very traumatised and I am very bitter. “
Lieutenant Colonel Thulani Zwane, Police Spokes Person, said the Police were investigating a case of attempted robbery. A charge of murder is also being investigated.
The Police still has not have any details of the deceased at the moment.
By: Landi Slatter / Maroela